“The more passionate and argumentative I get the more followers and friends I make online.”


Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blog Highlight: Hip Hop Dx

Music is my life! I literally have a song for every memorable moment or event in my life! I'm that girl who rides in her car singing at the top of her lungs! I bet you're wondering if I sing in the shower too right? Of course that is a part of my daily ritual to getting dressed. What's a shower without an awesome lyrical performance by Tammy? I've loved the sounds and melodies of music since I was little, so I had to include a blog focusing on music in my "Blog Highlight" segment. Hip Hop/Rap is one of my favorite genres of music and the Hip Hop DX news blog keeps me up-to date with the latest news, songs, mixtape, artist interviews, and happenings in the hip-hop industry.

News Blogs generally look and feel like traditional online news site, reporting on the latest announcements and developments. There are several authors contributing to the content on the Hip Hop DX blog and they have several social media channels that they use to distribute and share the content on the news blog. Hip Hop Dx does an amazing job in covering all things hip-hop! The purpose of this blog is to provide music lovers like me information regarding new music, breaking news in the Hip Hop industry, up-to date interviews and music reviews.

The content, artists features, and song recommendations contribute to making the site unique! They are truly focused on everything that has to do with Hip-Hop and I love it!
From album reviews to mix tape recommendations, the audience knows that they will receive a raw-uncut opinion and if a song is listed on the "Singles" section, then it is definitely a song that needs to be downloaded onto your ipod!  The news articles, song highlights, album reviews, artist interviews, giveaways, video content, and release date information all contribute to reflected the overall Brand Image and Voice which is Hip Hop Dx being everything that involves hip hop. They are one of the few Hip Hop blogs that truly cover every aspect of the hip hop industry and I love it!

Their RSS Feed and social media presence help drive traffic to the blog. They have a Twitter, Facebook, Youtube account....they even go so far to have and maintain a Myspace! Who would have thought people still used Myspace? Well, I think it is smart considering the fact that several artists got their start from their myspace profiles. The blog has also been featured in several editorials has one of the top hip hop blogs as well.

I think it is a successful blog because although the content is about Hip-Hop Music it is presented in the same style and format as traditional news. This makes me feel like this is some important stuff that I am reading and I don't feel as bad when I would much rather read about my favorite artists as opposed to reading about what is going on at my county commissioners meeting. The blog also posts very often, their content is original and complete with photo images and video content as well as links for sharing, and the reporters are definitely committed to being all things hip hop!

My only suggestions for the site would be to include their twitter feed of course. I would also recommend them to possibly add a page that is dedicated to giving us music lovers dates to upcoming tours, events, and music festivals across the US that involve our favorite hip hop artists!

The site does include a few advertisements but I think the few ads they have is enough considering the type of blog it is. I don't want to see a bunch of ads when I'm reading an album review. I want to read what the critics have to say and hear some beats! If you're ready to vibe and bop your head to some of the best sounds in the Hip-Hop industry while reading the latest happenings, check out http://www.hiphopdx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment