“The more passionate and argumentative I get the more followers and friends I make online.”


Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blog Highlight: Latinos in Social Media

I am bilingual and I am in the process of launching my Spanish learning boutique, "Say Goodbye to Adios. I love reading blogs relating to the Hispanic Community and one that I particularly enjoy is Latinos in Social Media. It is a news blog and it reports on the latest announcements and developments in regards to overall issues in the Hispanic Community as well as advancements in Education, Technology, Business, Health and Philanthropy.

The Latinos in Social Media blog is dedicated to advancing the social, civic and economic status of the Latino community. I think the mission statement of this Blog is what makes them unique and separates them from similar Blogs. In their ABOUT US page, they make it known that they are focused on several things:



  1. LATISM actively engages in digital communities to ensure that online discourse more accurately reflects the rich diversity of thought, heritage and culture in our changing society.
  2. Our mission is to empower the Latino community in the areas of Education, Health, Technology and Business through the use of tech innovation and social media.
  3. We help Latinos adopt and make full use of online social networks and applications by providing capacity-building opportunities, information, resources and networking platforms. 
The website reflects the Brand Image/Voice and Mission Statement because all of  the content that is posted on the blog achieves their respective objectives. Every posts listed empowers the Latino Community through the use of tech innovation and social media. I think this is awesome because a lot of times there are not many blogs that are focused on minorities and their respective advancements.

They have social feeds like Facebook and Twitter as well as a subscription to their content that drives traffic to their website.
They also have a feed that lists all of the articles and editorials that feature them--thus subsequently driving traffic to their site as well. The content on the site is very informing and enlightening. 

The Blog is fairly successful because of the amazing content, they are active on social networking sites and they make it easy for readers to connect with them on social networking sites from the blog, they create fresh original posts and it is definitely easy for readers to subscribe to their content and share it. I do think there are several things that they can do to improve the success of their Blog. For one, I would like to see all of the content written being presented in both Spanish and English.
I find it a little strange that a Blog whose mission statement is to empower the Latino Community has more posts written in English than Spanish. I think the Blog writers should posts all content in both languages. I also think they need to add their Twitter feed to the website. They also need to make it easier for readers to connect with them on Social Networking Sites. I didn't find any social buttons until I actually clicked on an article to read.
I think there should be a way to connect with them socially on the first page. The writers also need to do a better job of posting often and staying up-to-date. I noticed that sometimes there are days with no posts or new content and they need to ensure that they keep producing fresh, original, innovative content in order to keep their readers engaged and coming back for me. It is an awesome blog with great ideas and I love their mission statement, I just want them to keep it up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment