“The more passionate and argumentative I get the more followers and friends I make online.”


Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blog Highlight: Young House Love


I’m Young but I LOVE old, vintage things! I believe in Horoscopes and I am a Pisces so you know we are all into arts and crafts and anything DIY! You can bet your bottom dollar that “Young House Love” is one of my absolute favorite top blogs!

If I ever get the opportunity to be featured on “MTV Cribs”, you will see that my house is decorated by my very own DIY décor that is enhanced by vintage furniture! Young House Love is another recreational blog and it focuses on DIY projects and décor. If you know me, you know I am in heaven whenever I am visiting this blog!

The purpose of this blog is gives the audience fun, easy, and financially friendly DIY project ideas as well ideas for home décor. The energy that shines through the content and blog posts is what makes the blog unique. I can tell that the authors are fun, high, energy people just from reading the posts and viewing the images that are posted on the sight. I’m always motivated to get up and start a project whenever I visit this site!

The slogan of Young House Love is “One young family + one old house= love” and that definitely shines through every aspect of the blog. From the vibrant colors, to the word choice of each post to the crisp sharp yet fun photos, the overall energy and vision of the Brand is apparent to the readers. I think this is amazing because you always want your Brand Image to resonant throughout the blog….You want the Brand Voice to be “loud & clear” to the audience!

The social feeds (along with the overall greatness of the Blog itself) is what drives traffic to the website. I did a Google search for “DIY Blogs” and “Top DIY Blogs” and while Young House Love wasn’t among the top results, it is definitely receiving tons of hits from its dominating presence on Social Networking Sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and Instagram. They also have feeds on the right side of their site that include their instagram feed, their sponsors, discounts of the week, projects their working on as well as fundraising and philanthropy that they are contributing to. I think this is awesome and I think all DIY blogs should have feeds like this. When I think of DIY blogs, I think of tons of visuals and this site definitely has tons of visuals.


My only suggestion would be to make the social bar with the Social Networking Site buttons colorful. I would also include a running twitter feed on the account. I would even go so far as to suggest that they create a Vine account. I think it would fun and it would add some more personality and spunk to the site. Aside from those few suggestions, the blog is definitely among the many successful DIY blogs because they have fun, energetic, original posts,  they have multiple social sites where their audience can connect with them , they are committed to the blog, and it is easy for the readers to share the content the view on the Blog.

There are tons of top advertisers on this blog and the layout of the blog even highlights the sites Sponsors. I think this blog does a great job of making everything visually appealing---even the stuff like Sponsors and Media Clips that is usually boring to read.
If you want to add some bright, fun, energy to do your day, I would definitely recommend visiting this site! You won’t be disappointed….

No comments:

Post a Comment