ABC company is health-oriented and in the Central Florida area. In addition to this Facebook page, ABC company has a Twitter account, Pinterest page and YouTube channel. ABC Company also sends out a bi-weekly e-newsletter. In this post I will analyze the Screenshot below in answering the following questions:
- Any key findings?
- Where could improvements be made?
- How could other channels play a part in boosting results?
- What are some future campaigns or posts that could be effective?
- The number of likes on the ABC Company's Facebook page increased 69% which is good because that indicates more people are coming to the page to see what we are saying. With 340,325 Friends of Fans we can definitely use these likes from "fans" to get more likes on Facebook by using our current fans as advocates for the Company
- The number of people talking about our company went down 50%. We need to figure out why they're not talking about us anymore? What were saying in the previous months that had our fans talking about us? What did we change this month that lead to the decrease? Do we need to change our content? ABC Company need to take a look at all of the analytics from posts this year to see why the big decrease?
- ABC Company is reaching more people on Facebook
- ABC Company need to post more content similar to the "National Cancer Survivors Day" post because this was the most viral post. The post reached the least amount of people on Facebook but it was the most viral. Was it the content that made it more viral? or was it the fact that it was posted on Sunday? Need to further analyze the analytics from posts on Sunday in previous months. Also need to determine what about this content contributed to it being the most viral as well as how we can incorporate the strategies used to generate this content in our other posts that reach a larger audience?
- Thirsty Thursdays and Wellness Wednesdays don't seem to be a big hit. Perhaps ABC Company need to get rid of themes like this.
- The majority of our fans and visitors are female (60.3%) between 25-44 years old. We need to keep them talking and engaged. We need to figure out what type of content will increase our male (38.4%) fans and visitors as well as how we can effectively use that data to increase our reach to the general male population?
- ABC Company seem to have a strong following in the Hispanic community. Spanish speakers are the largest demographic behind English Speakers and people from Spanish speaking countries make up the second largest following behind the U.S. Is the traffic coming from people in New York coming from Spanish Speaking people? There is a large Hispanic presence in New York--could our current and local Hispanics be promoting our page and content?
- There was a spike in total reach when ABC Company sent out an email on May 21.
- Almost all of our emails are delivered (99%) but only 25% are opened? Why aren't people reading the emails we are sending? What can we change improve in the content.
Room For Improvement:
- Incorporate more visuals: health related photos, videos, and info graphics into posts.
- View audience as consumers instead of just shooting out content to them is the best way to increase/improve the audience's overall satisfaction & increase engagement.
- Implement content that is geared towards ABC second largest demographics to keep them engaged (health related issues in the Hispanic community)
- Facebook is a source for specific data about health condition for many people. Use this leverage to keep people coming to ABC Company's Facebook page as well as to engage patients with their health.
- Collaborate with bloggers who disseminate health information and post their posts on the Facebook page and ask them to have their followers go to ABC Company page to learn more about their health services.
- Network with Hospitals, Health Care Centers & Community Agencies to get them to help increase Brand Awareness and direct traffic to the Company Facebook page.
Other Social Media Channels
- ABC Company should use other channels like Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube to increase traffic.
- Include links to the Facebook page in Tweets
- People want to visualize their health--Use pinterest to include health related graphics, photos as a more effective way of browsing through content
- Create informative videos on Youtube.
- Google is the top external reference. Perhaps ABC Company should consider making a Google+ account
Planning for the Future
- ABC Company should stop sending emails because the ROI is too low considering the time spent on creating the newsletter and emails. Focus on ways the same information can effectively be transmitted across all Social Media channels and Increase audience engagement.
- The second largest language of their followers is Spanish & Hispanics are the second largest demographics. Implement more content surrounding issues affecting the Hispanic community and consider disseminating information in both Spanish and English.
- Over 90% of the major influences in peoples lives come from people they know…ABC Company need to make sure they are asking their fans and followers to share the information with others.
- Statistics show 60% of adults surveyed use the internet to find health info. Find out which top diseases affect people in Central Florida and implement content surrounding that data.
- Increase interaction and engagement with seniors by implementing content that facilitates healthy aging. A lot of Americans move to Central Florida after retirement.
- 10 million adults use a cell phone to find health info. Instead of doing Thirsty Thursday to TechThursdays and talk about a smartphone app that is health-related. There are many in both the iTunes and google play store--currently there are over 13,000 medical or health related apps
- 42% of Americans say they have or someone they know has been helped by using medical advice/info found on the internet. ABC Company should use this statistic to produce content on the FB page that will help their fans.
- 100+ patients go online to find information about prescriptions. Incorporate posts and visual content that explain the benefits, side effects, and common uses of the most popular drugs.
- A Florida Hospital recently opened 2 women's health centers dedicated to women's health, providing an array of women's services for women of all ages. Promote these two centers and highlight the services offered. Build partnerships with them to get them to send traffic your way.
- Tourism is big in Central Florida and as a result there is a high prevalence of fast-food restaurants. Highlight restaurants in the Central Florida area that promote healthier eating and have healthier menus in the content on the Facebook page.
- Post when people will interact: M-F posting is better
- Consistency is key. ABC Company should post 1-4 times a week
- Use Fill in the Blank responses as opposed to always asking questions
- Have an engaging cover photo to lure audiences in. Use photos or videos in posts.
- Highlight and promote health events and news related to health in the Central Florida area.
- Incorporate success stories from fans
- Respond to comments
By incorporating these strategies into their IMC plan. ABC Company will increase their audience reach quicker than they know.